- FREE! Just download it from google, then install it directly to your computer, and you're ready to go. And there's a lot of ready to use model, such as furniture, people, plants, cars, that you can download for free to your scene at google sketchup directory. All you need to do, search, download, and use, and...once again, it's free!
- The parameters are quite simple, personally it only took me 2 days to be able to model using sketchup .
- Sketchup is very quick and light for my computer to buld simple geometric shapes, such as minimalist style of furniture or building. But once you create complex polygon shapes, it turns very heavy.
- Once completed, Sketchup can be exported directly in the form of working drawing such as, Plan or Section, and 3d, complete with its measurements.This is very useful to the Engineers, Architects, interior designers.
- You can export and link your sketchup to AutoCAD. So when you revise your 3d, your working drawing will be revised automatically, very simple!
- Very nice for a complex and organic shapes. 3ds Max is even used for animated movies like Avatar, 2012, Iron Man (!), Etc.
- Max can provide your needs for realistic result.
- Max takes a long time to learn, because its parameters that you need to use, so if you get bored easily, may be Max is not a good idea for you.
- 3dsMax is very expensive, so look out for discount! ^_^
- The computer requirement is a bit high. So basically, in my opinion, Sketchup is more for the practical use and 3dsMax is more about realistic result. Since I need them both, then I learned to use them both. But then again I'm a 3d nerd. :)
So in conclusion, Sketchup is more to the practical side and Max is for the realistic side. But hey, that's my opinion. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this ^_^.
Hey, maybe this pictures can help you!
|This one made using Google Sketchup|
|This one made using 3dsMax|