Saturday, March 12, 2011

Max-A Bookshelf from One Box

Max02-Wardrobe from Editable Poly

You can save a lot of time if you know how to modify an Editable poly, because it has a lot of parameters that you can use. At first, since I've been using 3dsmax since the days of the dinasaurs, I only use Editable Mesh, or even combining some standard primitives using boolean or group. Really messy, and such a waste of time comes to think about it.

Some people even say that Editable poly is the more advance version from editable mesh, and that editable mesh should be removed from 3dsMax. But I still prefer using Editable mesh some time, for example when I'm using boolean. So don't remove it. I like having options. :)

Before I found out how to use Editable poly and its tool set, it took me about 30-45 minutes to create a book shelf, but as you can see on the video later, using editable poly, it will take less than 10 minutes to do it. Isn't it great? But I'm only introducing you to the basic tools. Later, at the more advance level, you can create more complicated stuff. So, let's begin!


Bookshelf from a Box



Oh, Btw, I'm going to use this bookshelf in the mapping tutorial.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment